In this article, you can find the basic strategies, tips, and step-by-step guides on how to cut jeans into shorts for men.
Cutoff jeans are a definitive wardrobe staple that all denim lovers must have. These denim cutoffs are easy to wear and, in addition, are easier to make. Making These cutoff shorts would be an environment and budget-friendly act to reuse your old denim jeans to make cutoffs. Making cutoffs does not require any high-fi skill. You need a few materials and time to complete this project. Wait1 before you start cutting your jeans. Decide the design and fit you want to make.
Deciding On A Design
The best thing about cutoffs is the versatility of the style. You can make your design out of your need and fashion sense. It is totally up to you how much coverage your shorts will provide. You want them short or long to determine the best length of your cutoffs.
Finding The Right Fit
Cutoff jeans are an outstanding choice for both genders, either men or women. You can create a relaxed fit cutoff using men's jeans. However, If you want your shorts fitted, you should prefer female jeans like skinny jeans that would be a good selection. You can use your old pair of jeans to make cutoffs for you. If you know stitching, you can create even more creative designs you have in mind.
Making cutoff jean shorts is an effortless and straightforward task. Grasp the materials you need for the project. Follow the step-by-step guide for a quick and entertaining project you can be proud of. Here's how to cut jeans into shorts.
What You'll Need:
- measuring tape
The Basic Steps To Make Shorts
Rather than going to an expensive clothing trader, you can quickly learn to make cutoff shorts at home. You can turn a usual pair of jeans into a masterpiece with some cuts. After all, denim cutoffs are currently highly famous, and you can save a worth making your own!
- Choose a pair of your old jeans—the jeans you want to convert into cutoffs. Your jeans should be well fitted specifically from the areas which will not be cut away.
- You should consider any stain or irremediable damage before choosing your jeans. Any damage that cannot be repaired visually attractively should be considered. You can still use these jeans for the project, but if the color is distorted, you will not get desired results.
- Decide the length of your shorts. It would be better to wear shorts to get a better idea of the length you want.
- After the estimation, mark the point with chalk or pencil. Double-check the length by sitting down to check the size. After determination, Mark the spot where you think of cutting.
- Place the shorts over the jeans you going to cutout to the shorts, and cutout the jeans accordingly.
- After removing the jeans, place them straight and mark the area again. Mark one inch below the desired length if you want a hem length. Mark at least three inches below if you're going to cuff.
- There is o need to add any length if you want the ragged-edge look.
- Mark on the leg of each side by measuring from the waist to the cut point. Make sure the cut is equal from the front and backside.
- Repeat the process on the other leg.
- Cut the fabric. Then make the precise cutout at the marked point on each leg. Use sharp scissors to make clear and even cuts.
- Use a sewing machine accurately to add a hem or cuff.
- The last step is to wear and slay in your cute denim cutoff shorts.